Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Site Anouncments
CHECK IT OUT

Check out the Site Event section for the newest games, and events.

HMF is hiring! Learn how to become a staff member here

Leaders Needed!! Click Here if your interested! Other Prizes available, including a Free "Crew"

Learn how to advance in the ranks Click Here

!!!NEW!!!~ I am back, And its time to get working boys! The count down till summer reopening is on us. SO! lets get to making places and expanding on our experience, 9 weeks left. -Alexander Xanathos
Lottery: You gotta be in it, to win it!

THANKS!
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 159 on Sun Apr 04, 2021 9:57 pm
Latest topics
» ZapdosZulu, pokemon RPG
Rank Up System I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2018 1:21 pm by Guest

» More staff jobs
Rank Up System I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2018 5:51 pm by Alexander Xanathos

» Stipend Guideline
Rank Up System I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2018 4:05 pm by Alexander Xanathos

» Families Banks
Rank Up System I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2018 5:53 pm by Guest

» Come here mut!(Contract)
Rank Up System I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2018 6:25 am by Guest

» Mini plot idea
Rank Up System I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 09, 2018 10:13 am by Guest

» Crew/Group/Family Template
Rank Up System I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2018 12:34 am by Alexander Xanathos

» Travel Guidelines
Rank Up System I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2018 7:00 pm by Alexander Xanathos

» Repeatable Staff Contracts
Rank Up System I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2018 6:33 pm by Alexander Xanathos

» World Map
Rank Up System I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2018 4:18 pm by Alexander Xanathos

Top posting users this month
No user
Top posters
Alexander Xanathos
Rank Up System I_vote_lcapRank Up System I_voting_barRank Up System I_vote_rcap 
UserX
Xiao

Rank Up System

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Rank Up System Empty
PostSubject: Rank Up System   Rank Up System I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 9:17 pm

How to rank up your character

If you are reading this thread, your probably curious as to how you can have your character climb the ladder to make it to the most famous or infamous titles on this site. It is understandable for anyone to want to have there character grow In character by means of ranking up to the next level-an icon of improvement if you will. To do this, however, requires that you fallow a number of easy and basic steps that ensures you the CONSIDERATION to attempt to rank up.

The reason behind the 'consideration' is that whom ever is your group leader is in charge of whether or not you can attempt at the rank up. If you are Exiled, PM a Staff member and they will help you out. Now, to sway the minds of your leader it is strongly suggested that you do a lot of any of the combination below:

• Carry out many contracts for your level, the more the better!
  • Appeal to the description and ideals of your group
  • -Non-contract IC threads that carry the influence and loyalty of your group throughout.
  • Any combination of the above works. More of one could beat less of the other.
  • Remember IC activity is a must!

Once you feel like you have done enough for your group, you will then file a petition to your group leader or staff member if you are exiled asking for the opportunity to rank up.

Petition Template:
Code:
[b]Character Name:[/b]
[b]Current Rank:[/b]
[b]Desired Rank:[/b]
[b]Why should we consider:[/b]

This petition demands that you state what rank you are currently, what rank you want to become, and why should the leader consider your plea. the last factor, "why should the leader consider your plea", should have links to threads of contracts or IC threads that will build the foundation for your petition. Now, the leader has the choice to either decline or accept your plea. If he or she declines, then you go back to doing more things for your group to strengthen your petition. If he or she accepts, on the other hand, they will grant you with something known as a graded thread.

Graded threads are simple, but also very important. They are the final obstacles that stand in your way of exceeding your past rank. These threads:
  • can be located anywhere within reason
  • can be done with more than one person whether or not they are doing their own graded thread
  • can be about anything really (emotional discovery, a fight, etc)
  • must have the phrase "[GRADED THREAD]" in its title.

The grading roots from how impressive you are as a roleplayer. to complete the graded thread, you need 10/10 points within 10 posts. Each post in the thread, or collection of posts, will be given a number of points out of 10. Easy enough right? Sometimes a few paragraphs of powerful sentences beats a novel of chronological events. Remember that as you post your thread.

Let me give you an example. Lets look at Chad [chad waves to you with a goofy smile], he's a new member and he has completed 4 contracts and thinks one of his threads would qualify as something that represents his loyalty to his group. he applies for a petition and his leader gives him the chance he has been waiting for his entire life [Chad jumps up and down with excitement]. He decides he wants to create the thread in Buhay, and titles it "mortal combat [GRADED THREAD]".

His first post is amazing, a couple paragraphs with detail and entertaining action. because of this, an admin gives him a 5/10. ONLY 5 MORE TO GO! Chad then gets lazy, posting a poor two sentenced post in the shadow of his first. This time, a moderator stumbles upon his graded thread and awards him a massive .5, giving him a total of 5.5/10.

If you do not reach 10/10 in your graded thread, then you must unfortunately start from square one and show improvement in skill or activity and note it in the next petition you file to your group leader. Again, missions are strongly suggested.

once you get 10/10 in under then 10 posts, you will then be upgraded to the next rank, congratulations! Now just repeat and your all set. and thank you for reading this guide.

Back to top Go down

Rank Up System
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Rules, Regulations, and Announcement :: Rules & Guides :: Guides and Systems-
Jump to: